04-11 RX-8 RENESIS 13B PRE-BUILT SHORT BLOCK ROTARY ENGINE
PRICE: $2900+ DEPENDING ON SPECIFICATIONS/QUALITY OF COMPONENTS USED IN THE BUILD
- I can sometimes build an engine using my used components, ready for outright sale “out the door” without a core supplied up front. I would generally request a deposit up front to begin such a build.
- Cost of this option will be approx. twice that of rebuilding your core. This is because not only am I supplying all the seals and orings listed below plus assembly labor, but also each component (rotors, housings, irons etc.) which carry a value of $100-400 each on the used market, which I must also charge for.
- You transport or pay actual shipping cost
- Inquire with year and model desired, specifications requested, and I will check stock to see what components I have available, the condition of those components, and quote the build accordingly. Also check HERE for a list of pre-built engines currently in stock on the shelf ready for immediate sale.
NEW PARTS & SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE ABOVE BASE PRICE (this list represents approx. $1500 retail cost in parts):
- Oem mazda apex seals
- OEM mazda apex short & long springs
- Oem mazda corner seals
- Oem mazda corner springs
- atkins rotary side seals cut to length
- Oem mazda side springs
- Atkins rotary viton oil oring inserts
- Oem mazda inner and outer coolant seals
- Dowel pin orings, tension bolt seals, rear stationary gear o-ring, front/rear main oil seal
- Front cover gasket
- Atkins rotary thermal pellet replacement for front of e-shaft
- Main bearings
- Rotor bearings
- When rotor housings are reused, they are resurfaced. This service skims material off the top chrome sealing layer to remove light defects and improve the uniformity of the sealing surface, however it cannot repair deep wear or defects and cannot put back worn away chrome. Some other shops provide this service “out the door” for as much as $300 plus round trip shipping, it is included free in my build.
- Spark plug holes threads are cleaned and retapped. OMP injector holes are drilled to remove clogged carbon.
- The factory ~75psi oil pressure regulator snout is pressed to increase oil pressure to approx. 85-90psi. (applies to 04-08 models)
PARTS REUSED IN THE BUILD:
- 2) rotor housings
- 2) rotors
- Eccentric shaft
- 2) stationary gears
- Front cover
- 3) iron housings/plates
- Oil pump, chain, sprockets, various small hardware
- Rotor metal oil control scraper rings (8), cutoff rings (4) w/ springs (12)
OPTIONAL PARTS/SERVICES IF NEEDED OR DESIRED:
- New rotor housings @ prevailing current prices, approx. $1600/pair(04-08) or $1700(09-11)
- New iron housings @ prevailing current prices, approx. $2000/set of 3
- New apex short/long springs $60
- New metal oil control scraper rings, cutoff rings, w/ springs $550
- New oil pump approx. $70 @ current prevailing prices
- Streetport all intake ports and exhaust ports $750
- Turnaround time 2-4 weeks depending on workload waiting ahead of you. February through May are the busiest months with increased wait time.
- Rotary Resurrection is located in Morristown, TN.
- Normally once I receive your engine specs and deposit, I will continue working on other jobs ahead of you until they are complete, then, I will proceed with the build, and photo document the cleaned/inspected/prepared parts prior to and during assembly of the block, so that you have documentation of what you have now. Then you will have approximately 1 week to pay the balance and pick up or ship the engine back out.
- All builds are accompanied by a written 1 year unlimited mileage warranty on the labor aspect of the build only. The warranty is posted elsewhere on this site.
- My standard procedure for starting a build is as follows:
- I need all of your information including full name, street address, city/state/zip, shipping address (for truck freight, if different), phone number(s), and year/model of engine. I also need all build specs such as paint colors for the engine block (black/gunmetal is default), apex seal and porting options, and any special requests. You can send this information via email or in writing at time of dropoff.
- Payment is payable via cash, credit card in person or via internet invoice, or US post office money order made to Kevin Landers . I may take a deposit up front at dropoff depending on the nature of your build. This deposit may increase with certain build options such as more expensive seals or other components. IF applicable, the deposit amount is taken off of the total price of the build.