86-95 RX-7 13B PRE-BUILT SHORT BLOCK ROTARY ENGINE
PRICE: $3200+ DEPENDING ON YEAR/MODEL/AVAILABILITY/SPECIFICATIONS
- I can sometimes build an engine using my used components, ready for outright sale “out the door” without a core supplied up front. I would generally request a deposit up front to begin such a build.
- Cost of this option will be approx. twice that of rebuilding your core. This is because not only am I supplying all the seals and orings listed below plus assembly labor, but also each component (rotors, housings, irons etc.) which carry a value of $100-400 each on the used market, which I must also charge for.
- You transport or pay actual shipping cost
- In most cases I cannot supply a complete drop-in ready engine longblock w/ accessories dressed already. I can supply only a bare shortblock w/o accessories. IF you have a car with no engine at all, you would still need to locate, purchase, and assemble all the missing parts needed to dress the engine for install and startup.
- Inquire with year and model desired, specifications requested, and I will check stock to see what components I have available, the condition of those components, and quote the build accordingly. You can also check HERE to see any engines I currently have in stock on the shelf ready for sale.
- I do not deal in any JDM engines such as cosmo 2 rotor-RE or 3 rotor, thus I cannot supply these. You can supply a core you’ve obtained already to build from.
NEW PARTS & SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE ABOVE BASE PRICE (this list represents approx. $1800 retail cost in parts):
- Oem mazda 2mm 2 piece apex seals (except where 3mm apex seals are required or requested, price variable depending on seal selection available). IF you desire some other brand of apex seal in your build, you can supply the seals for installation and I will discount the build cost.
- OEM mazda apex short & long springs
- Oem mazda 2mm corner seals w/ rubber plugs
- Oem mazda rx8 corner springs (for NA applications) or 93-95 FD corner springs (turbo applications)
- Oem mazda side seals cut to length
- Oem mazda side springs
- Atkins rotary viton oil oring inserts
- Oem mazda inner and outer coolant seals
- Dowel pin orings, tension bolt seals, rear stationary gear o-ring, front/rear main oil seal
- Front cover gasket (paper w/ oring(s), for 91 and earlier models, metal version for 93-95 models)
- Atkins rotary thermal pellet replacement for front of e-shaft
- Main bearings
- Rotor bearings
- When rotor housings are reused, they are resurfaced. This service skims material off the top chrome sealing layer to remove light defects and improve the uniformity of the sealing surface, however it cannot repair deep wear or defects and cannot put back worn away chrome. Some other shops provide this service “out the door” for as much as $300 plus round trip shipping, it is included free in my build.
- Spark plug holes threads are cleaned and retapped. OMP injector holes are drilled to remove clogged carbon.
- For 91 and earlier models with the ~75psi oil pressure regulator, the snout is pressed to increase oil pressure to approx. 85-90psi. For 93-95 models the original ~110psi regulator is reused as is.
- 93-95 models often wear the internal keys inside the oil pump significantly, when necessary these are replaced with new keys.
PARTS REUSED IN THE BUILD (ADDITIONAL CHARGES WILL INCREASE BUILD COST IF ORIGINALS ARE NOT REUSABLE):
- 2) rotor housings
- 2) rotors
- Eccentric shaft
- 2) stationary gears
- Front cover
- 3) iron housings/plates
- Oil pump, chain, sprockets, various small hardware
- Rotor metal oil control scraper rings (8) w/ springs
OPTIONAL PARTS/SERVICES IF NEEDED OR DESIRED:
- Streetport all intake ports and exhaust ports $750 (for 86-91 NA models this includes swapping exhaust port sleeves to smooth turbo style sleeves IF YOU CAN SUPPLY A SET AS I CURRENTLY HAVE NONE TO SELL)
- New rotor housings @ prevailing current prices, approx. $1600/pair for FC or $1900 for FD
- New iron housings @ prevailing current prices, approx. $2000/set of 3
- New apex short/long springs $60
- New metal oil control scraper rings w/ springs $450
- New oil pump $200-275 depending on year/model @ current prevailing prices
- Turnaround time 2-4 weeks depending on workload waiting ahead of you. February through May are the busiest months with increased wait time.
- Rotary Resurrection is located in Morristown, TN.
- Normally once I receive your car, engine specs and deposit, I will continue working on other jobs ahead of you until they are complete, then, I will proceed with the build, and photo document the cleaned/inspected/prepared parts prior to and during assembly of the block, so that you have documentation of what you have now. Then you will have approximately 1 week to pay the balance and pick up or ship the car back out.
- All builds are accompanied by a written 1 year unlimited mileage warranty on the labor aspect of the build only. The warranty is posted elsewhere on this site.
- My standard procedure for starting a build is as follows:
- I need all of your information including full name, street address, city/state/zip, shipping address (for truck freight, if different), phone number(s), and year/model of engine. I also need all build specs such as paint colors for the engine block (black/gunmetal is default), apex seal and porting options, and any special requests. You can send this information via email or in writing at time of dropoff.
Payment is payable via cash, credit card in person or via internet invoice, US post office money order made to Kevin Landers . I may take a deposit up front at dropoff depending on the nature of your build. This deposit may increase with certain build options such as more expensive seals or other components. IF applicable, the deposit amount is taken off of the total price of the build.